Thursday 4 September 2014

Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Bison Burgers

 

    Oh.My.God. Am I back or what??? Is everyone still alive? What a great summer we had, I hope you did too! Buuuuuuut now pants are tight and routines are back, so, time to do it up!

   How did everyone make out over the summer months? Stick to the plan, medium or a total wash? I started off rocky with a trip then my few weeks out camping. But I have managed to pull it back in and am doing pretty good. I feel like I'm back in my groove.Sometimes it actually feels good to get back to school year routines and schedule.

   My oldest is starting kindergarten this year and they have a severe nut allergy in the morning class. This rules out a lot of snacks for me to send, as I bake a lot with almond flour. So I'll be trying some new baking ideas in the next few weeks! What are your fav go-to school snacks to send?

   I am working on the T25 workout DVD's, anyone familiar with those? It's 25 straight minutes of intense cardio. I like it because it goes fast and then I'm done. I don't like how my ass and legs slap together at certain points, however. But man alive, am I ever a sweaty Betty when it's done! They are very hard! And I like to start complaining about half way through, it makes me feel better. :) Hopefully the "slapping" will decrease over time!

   This recipe tonight is one my sister in law made for us when she was here visiting this summer. We served it as a side dish with some awesome steaks and everyone loved it! So easy, and totally crowd pleasing. We had a busy week getting ready for school, all the paperwork, and registering for all the after school stuff, so I made these mushrooms up with some pan fried bison burgers and there was dinner! Easy and good.

   Coming at you soon will be some baking ideas for lunch boxes, easy weekday meals and more!




Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

You Need:
1 Portobello per person you're serving (the following portions were for 2)
2-3 pieces of bacon, chopped roughly
1/2 or 3/4 cup shredded cheddar (or whatever you like)
1/2 cup diced white onion

clean the 'shrooms and remove the stems, then dice up the stems


In a medium frying pan saute your stems, onions and bacon. Cook until bacon is cooked through and slightly crispy.



Heat up your oven to 350. Place the 'shrooms on a baking tray lined with parchment.
In a small bowl, mix together your bacon mixture with the shredded cheese. Equally stuff your mushrooms with this delish little mixture!



Bake for about 20 minutes. Allow cool time, these little beauties retain heat and will be hot for a little bit!

I just pan fried our bison burgers, then topped with thick cut, spicy pickles, then broiled some provolone cheese on top. Yum and yum. Top with your fav toppings and cram this into your face-NOW!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment