Thursday 16 January 2014

Grain Free Cheesy Bread

 Hello!!! I am back! Is anyone still there? I am sorry I've been so long between posts, how anyone would manage to survive this long without me is beyond me... :)
 
   Just after the New Year I had a surgery that has left me with a few weeks of bed rest. Put your tissues away, I'm fine! My mother in law has flown out to help with my kids and I think everything has been going great! I haven't had much for an appetite, which is pretty foreign to me, and I'm adjusting my meals between that and the complete lack of activity I'm able to get in! It's been a little stressful to me not being able to work out. It's hard on the mind. I have all sorts of visions of waking up and getting on the scale, only to be up like 50 pounds! Ha! Goofy, clearly. But I worry! It's hard not having the ability to exercise, but I hope to at least start doing some good walking on the treadmill in the next week or two. My family is doing a great job trying to accommodate my eating, and supplying me with loads of coffee! It is one of the only things that doesn't make me want to get violently ill! Even though they are probably hiding in the basement eating McDonald's while I'm down and out, I appreciate that they at least hide! :)

   The recipe today is an easy one, and goes great with tons of recipes. Who doesn't enjoy a good, warm, soft cheesy bun? I make these and cut them into wedges. They are great for dipping and would be fantastic with chili or a hearty soup. Can be made ahead of time if you want to be a rock star. Add any spices that you like.

   On a quick side note, this is a fantastic little gem I discovered at Costco. I have been using these for dressing, for frying, and in sauce! They are fantastic. Do it!


Grain Free Cheese Bread:
 You Need:
 1 egg
1/2 cup quality, packed grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup packed shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp full fat plain Greek yogurt (buy fat free and I'll give you a beat down)
1/4 cup arrowroot powder
pinch cayenne (optional)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
pinch sea salt

Pre heat oven to 350
Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, combine all ingredients until well incorporated.


Cover a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the mixture onto the tray. Use a spatula and spread it out as thin as possible without any holes showing.



Bake for 18-22 minutes, the edges and top should be nicely browned and golden. When cooked through, let cool and cut into wedges. Serve, and dip away!




original recipe pingback to "www.thenourishedlife.com"

No comments:

Post a Comment