Wednesday 11 December 2013

Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Garlic Mashed Cauliflower

Happy Wednesday! The weeks sure are flying by, only 2 weeks until Christmas. How does that always happen so fast?

   I haven't started wrapping a thing. I am almost done buying , however. This morning my mom was here to watch my kids so I didn't have to haul them to the gym babysitters. Unknown to me my husband had decided to "hide", and I use this term very loosely, the kids Christmas presents under a blanket in the spare room. Apparently the middle of the living room was already taken, so he took the next most obvious spot on earth? Seriously, who does that? You know where this is going, don't you. Grey and my mom were playing downstairs and he ripped the super clever blanket disguise off. My mom saw right away and tried to divert him from the room with some sort of babbling distraction tactics, all the while crapping her pants at what had happened. He didn't say a word about it to me all day, until Shane got home form work. Then he coyly said he saw some "nerf guns or something" in the basement. I told him they were his cousins gifts and we were hiding them from the baby. He appeared to of bought that load of crap, but now what? I guess we just leave it and hope his little brain forgets? Sheeesh. Note to self, never let Shane hide anything again.

   Like I mentioned, I got my workout in at class this morning. There was a few spots open today, and my dear, sweet, bossy friend Lana decided that she should shove me up to the front of the class. Like I said yesterday I like to hide in the back where I can't see my sweaty self. Too late. On Monday another lady had mentioned to me that my red face was a sign of not being in shape. Or it could be a sign of my complexion rivalling a snowman, but whatevs. So I kind of felt like I had something to prove. I worked my little heart out as hard as I could. I was bordering on having a stroke by the end, watching the teacher and praying she would end the music and I could pretend I had to pee, so I could go into the bathroom and exorcist vomit. Finally it was over. I didn't barf, but mostly because I couldn't catch my breath long enough! One look at Lana and she was feeling the same. I think the whole class took a beating and I was proud of my effort. I am about 98% paralyzed tonight, however. I am sure I'll be walking like a 94 year old man by the morning. But it was required. I can't be shown up like that! :))

   For supper tonight I went with an easy one that doesn't require much prep. It's quick to prepare and fast cleanup. Give this one a try on a busy night. The parm spread can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge (duh) until you're ready.

Parmesan Crusted Chicken:
You need:
3-4 uncooked chicken breasts
That's it for that, can you handle that?
pre-heat the oven to 375. Sprinkle the boobies with sea salt, pepper and garlic salt. Don't ask me how much, just don't drown the suckers.
Line a baking tray with tin foil and toss the chicken in the oven for 30 or so min, until cooked through.

When you are about 20 minutes from the chicken being done, start the cauli mash.
You Need:
1 small-medium head of cauli cut into florets, ditch the stems
2- ish tbsp butter
Steam the cauli until very soft and mashable.
using a potato masher, mash the cauliflower to your desired consistency. You will most likely want it pretty smooth, like a potato. Go figure. Stir in butter and sea salt and pepper to taste. I also like to add chives or some garlic powder.

Parm Spread:
make this and set aside.
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 cup freshly grated parm or Romano cheese
mix all together



When chicken is cooked through, take out and turn the oven to broil. Spread each breast (the chicken, not your own) with the parm spread . Put back in and broil until the topping is golden brown and sizzling.


There you have it!


Enjoy! Check back tomorrow for slow cooker pineapple spare ribs!






No comments:

Post a Comment