Sunday 22 December 2013

Mozzerella Stuffed Italian Meatballs

Well hello there! Still floating head above water, so close to the holiday's? I am, by a thread!

   Anyone catch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon  on SNL last night? God, it was so funny! I can't get enough of those two together. Shane and I decided to put it on and kick our wrapping in the ass. As usual, the wrapping won. But- I'm almost done! Only stocking stuff left. Victory in my books!

   Against my better judgement, I decided to put the gifts under the tree. I was only going to put a few, and test the waters with my terrorist of a one year old. But after a few got under there, they looked so pretty I couldn't stop. At first he looked stunned to see them this morning. He wasn't sure what to do. There has been poking with his trusty light Sabre, dragging and downright attempts at ripping. But in the end it went much better than I was ready for. They are still there and so far nothing has been revealed, so I'd say that's a success! Everyone in my family will just have to accept the fact that they need a hunting knife and a blow torch to get into their gifts this year! Sealed up like a bank vault! :)

   I was in and out shopping today, because like I said about 3 days ago, I don't need any more groceries!! Well, that was a dirty lie. I saw 92% dark chocolate at Shoppers! Did you know that was there? Yum. Love some dark chocolate! They were already putting their Christmas stuff on Clearance!! What the eff? Can't a gal at least enjoy the holiday before it's over? Bastards! I did buy candy canes for my tree, though! (don't worry, Kort will have the plastic chewed off those bad boys and smash them to pieces by morning!)

   My theme for this week has sort of been easy, quick meals since everyone is so busy. But we still need to eat! May as well make it good. I saw this meatball recipe on Pinterest this week, and it was a real hit! My kids didn't want the marinara sauce on, fine by me. Everyone liked them. Kort, with a little help from our good buddy "ketchup". These would make a wicked Christmas Eve appie, and can be made ahead of time and fried when you're ready to serve. I used a block of fresh mozza that I got when I didn't need to go to Safeway again! You could also use mozza cheese stix and cut them up. You only need a little bit in each one.
It would be really cute and totally super-mom if you stuck a little pretzel stick in each one if you're serving as an appie! You're welcome.




Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatballs:
You need:
2 pounds lean ground meat of your choice (otherwise known as whatever the hell is in the freezer today)
1/2 pound fresh mozza or the cheese sticks
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp granulated garlic (garlic powder)
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp sea salt
2 eggs
oil for frying
1 jar of your fav marinara sauce or homemade
fresh parm to garnish (optional)

Add your meat to a large mixing bowl and add all the spices, just to combine don't over mix
Add the eggs, mix by hand until all incorporated.
I used a cookie tray to put them on as I rolled. Roll into golf ball size balls and place on the tray.




Once you have them all rolled, push little indents in them, not all the way through. Cut up your cheese accordingly and cram a little piece of cheese in each one. Fold the meat over the cheese to make a sealed meatball. You shouldn't be able to see the cheese inside.Our little secret.


Once you have them all rolled, heat up 2 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan. Add the meatballs to the heated oil over medium heat. Fry on all sides until cooked through. 15-20 minutes. Don't slam the panic button when you see some of the cheese oozing out a bit. That's normal and it becomes a little crispy, adding to the delicious factor. Mind your business and carry on.



Once they are all cooked through with no pink , add you desired amount of marinara sauce, and stir to coat. Heat over medium low until sauce is heated and everyone is happy. Plate and sprinkle with fresh parm if you want to be well loved. Voila!


Original recipe pingback to "feedtheclan.com"






 

No comments:

Post a Comment